Bangor Area Staffing is recruiting an experienced Accounting Assistant for our busy construction client. Experienced in Accounts Payable tasks is required. Previous accounting experience in the construction field is preferred.
Some duties to include for this career opportunity:
• Record invoices accurately and ensure processed within the terms of agreement.
• Reconcile statements and ensure all billing transactions are prepared with supporting documentation.
• Prepare, analyze and review metrics with the project managers and other company officers.
• Assist in the company’s monthly, quarterly and yearly closing cycles.
• Work with office team with general business office related tasks
• Associate’s degree in Accounting/Business with a working knowledge of GAAP.
• Experience in accounts payable and paperless invoicing is required.
• Ability to ask questions that challenge common assumptions
• High attention to detail and follow-through skills.
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
• Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines.
• Comfortable in a fast-paced job-shop environment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, working knowledge of Adobe is a plus.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to clearly articulate all correspondence, ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
This full-time, contract to hire/perm offers benefit package after evaluation period.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration today.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour